GameStop Refurb Supervisor in Grapevine, Texas
The Refurb Supervisor’s primary job function is to direct and coordinate the activities of one or more Refurb process areas to achieve optimum efficiency and economy of operations. He or she will be expected to maximize profits by performing duties personally or through subordinates, analyzing current process performance, driving and measuring process improvements, and ensuring functional and service expectations are achieved or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Lead, monitor and direct the daily activities of the assigned process area(s), including those of the area Leads and other associates.
• Define and improve processes, standards, and guidelines. Ensure all area associates adhere to documented processes.
• Direct, coordinate, and evaluate assigned work area or shift and its employees to meet productivity and quality requirements.
• Minimize overtime payroll expense.
• Support a team building environment and create a culture of continuous improvement.
• Supervise up to 50 employees and 5 leads.
• Communicate production and quality standards to all employees and compile accurate reporting as directed.
• Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding, correcting and redirecting employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Create and implement process improvements in assigned process area(s).
• Interact with other Refurb and DC employees using positive, fact-based communications to ensure all teams meet production, quality, inventory integrity, and financial goals.
• Coaching – Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others to strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
• Communication – Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Continuous Improvement – Originate action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions and measure impact.
• Planning and Organizing – Establish clear courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently and effectively.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Includes Education and/or Experience)
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required — accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in logistics, distribution, materials management, or other related field preferred
• At least 3 years of work experience in a distribution center/warehouse/refurbishment environment with at least 1 year of leadership experience required - 2 years experience in a Lead or Supervisor role preferred
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Able to lift and carry boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Able to stand, bend and lift for up to eight or more hours daily
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES*
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures, including those related to organizational and position-specific attendance and scheduling, conflict of interest, confidentiality, safety, and honesty
• Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills, including the use of tools such as DMAIC, 8D, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Kaizen
• Proficient use of interpersonal, English-language verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all associate levels and external parties
• Proficient ability to coach, motivate and communicate as a leader
• Working knowledge of business computer systems and applications — specifically, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to lead and implement process improvement activities as directed
• Working knowledge of manufacturing or other technical standards (e.g. ISO)
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives