GameStop Refurb Hardware Technician in Grapevine, Texas
The Refurb Hardware Technician analyzes and troubleshoots problems, refurbishes and conducts diagnostic repair processes on video game console systems and personal electronic devices in order to prepare them for resale. In addition, this position may support other departments/zones as needed to achieve the overall business objectives of the Refurbishment Operations Center. This position works under general supervision, interacting with a lead and supervisor several times a day to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
The Refurb Hardware Technician position encompasses several levels of expertise as follows:
Level 1 - No prior hardware refurbishing experience and/or not certified to repair a system
Level 2 - Certified to work on at least one video game system or personal electronic device - Certification is usually completed within 90 days
Level 3 - Certified to work on three or more video game systems and/or personal electronic devices
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Diagnose and repair video game systems and/or personal electronic devices (i.e. IPods, tablets, etc.) which require several types of fixes at different levels using refurbishing and mechanical equipment.
• Ensure daily, weekly, monthly departmental production/accuracy/efficiency goals are accomplished.
• Ensure each system or device meets departmental regulations and quality standards and is ready for inspection in compliance with QA standards and guidelines.
• Accurately record all production/accuracy documentation.
• Ensure work area remains clean and free of trash/debris throughout work shift, including removal of paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, etc. in an effort to maintain a safe working environment.
• Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
• Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment Operations Center to achieve or exceed department objectives.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Managing Work – Ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; takes advantage of individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checks processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
• Safety Awareness – Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholds safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present any state required proof of age documents
• High school diploma or equivalent GED required; Associates degree from an accredited program in Electronic Technology or Computer Science preferred
• Previous experience working in a refurbishing or manufacturing/production center preferred
• Must be able to safely lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds, either in conjunction with his or her regular responsibilities or those assigned in other areas of the Refurb Center as directed
• Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day
• Working knowledge of manufacturing skills in electrical hardware repair and/or electronic devices repair preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and workflow
• Dexterity/Ability to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, soldering equipment, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical production equipment without assistance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
• Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach over head with arms and hands and climb ladders; must be able to climb stairs up to three flights and not have fear of heights
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest