GameStop Quality Assurance Technician in Grapevine, Texas
The Quality Assurance Technician will ensure that all hardware systems are tested and ready for customers in good working order through a comprehensive series of set tests. Hardware systems will be inspected individually to ensure quality per department specifications. This position will properly handle and document any inconsistencies of quality to ensure optimum quality, production, and clearly identifiable repair needs are met at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Ensure that all QA racking and component equipment is in good working order.
• Diagnose QA equipment malfunctions and make necessary repairs in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate records of quality control testing and prepare reports for supervisors and Management.
• Communicate with the hardware technicians, hardware leads, supervisors, managers, and upper management in a clear and thorough manner.
• Communicate with fellow QA staff via verbal and written turnover to maintain an adequate knowledge of replacement parts and supplies needed to minimize equipment downtime and delays in the QA area.
• Inspect quality of output from the hardware technicians and strike team to ensure that acceptable quality is being obtained from the hardware technicians and strike team.
• Train new QA personnel, with the approved operating procedures and methods to ensure they are able to meet our quality and production standards and goals in the minimal amount of time.
• Communicate any issues to management that could result in QA process delays, safety issues, or anything else that would cause loss to the company or its associates.
• Work closely with the other team members to ensure that our daily goals are obtained or exceeded in keeping a steady flow of work moving through the department. Willingly perform any other task requested by the Hardware Lead, Supervisor, or Management when needed to help achieve balance of flow.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good judgment when working in your area so that your safety or another team member’s is not jeopardized.
• Assist in or lead special projects to insure timely completion and within budgeted constraints, i.e. testing and evaluation of new equipment and, methods, or reporting results within the agreed upon time frame.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Managing Work – Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate; ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; takes advantage of individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present any state required proof of age documents
• Must be able to read, write, and understand spoken English
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach over head with arms and hands; must be able to climb stairs up to three flights
• Ability to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day, especially during seasonal period
• Must be able to lift as required by department: up to 50 pounds
• High School Diploma or equivalent certification (GED) required
• Previous mechanical experience preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of hardware systems (PS2, PS3, XBox, Game Cube, Game Boy, etc.)
• Able to work under demanding time constraints and workflow.
• Must have eye for detail to accurately determine quality of work of repaired hardware systems.
• Able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook software programs and able to operate a personal computer
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
• Must be a team player; flexible and dependable and cooperative.
• Must be able to operate a standard wedge scanner.
• Organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines.
• Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and perform basic task work.
• Properly handle all software in your area to ensure quality of testing procedures.
• Must be able to adhere to the DC/Refurb attendance policy and guidelines.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to recognize discrepancies in written/recorded data/information.
• Able to initiate and respond to critical work errors in a professional manner.