GameStop Procurement Intern in Grapevine, Texas
This opportunity is for individuals currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing career opportunities in Procurement and Supply Chain Management. At GameStop, the Procurement intern may take on one or more roles including building/launching/implementing a Sourcing Catalog, enhancing our Supplier Relationship/Category Management methodologies, project management, and potentially some sourcing events. The Procurement Intern will be assigned to GameStop’s Procurement and Sourcing teams and will have an opportunity to gain experience with seasoned professionals and will have a hands-on role in the team’s project and/or support activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with team members to deliver projects on time and with a high degree of quality
- Perform basic to intermediate project management activities
- Build Sourcing Catalog for selected categories and coordinate technology implementation
- Review existing supplier relationship management processes and propose/implement improvements
- Work with key suppliers to implement deliverables
- Potentially execute sourcing events
- Communication: Clearing conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engaged the audience and help them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Basic understanding of project management techniques and terminology
- Basic understanding of Procurement, Sourcing and Supply Chain
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Clear oral and verbal communication and listening skills
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn and self-motivated
- Able to follow directions
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — Procurement or Supply Chain related degree plan
- Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position's purpose may be assigned. GameStop reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/need.