GameStop Merchandising Intern in Grapevine, Texas
This opportunity is for individuals currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing career opportunities in retail merchandising, or a related field. At GameStop, the Merchandising intern will learn, train and prepare for a Merchandising management position through the participation of the Summer Intern Program. The Merchandising Intern will be assigned to one of GameStop’s Merchandising teams and will have an opportunity to gain hands-on role in the team’s project and/or support activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with team members to deliver projects on time and with a high degree of quality
- Gains a basic understanding and working knowledge of the buying process including (merchandising set up, coop marketing, pricing and promotion)
- Gains a basic understanding of the merchandising planning process and merchandise financial strategy under pre-season planning and in-season re-forecasting.
- Gain a basic understanding of reporting analysis tools, in-season management, along with markdown and promotional strategies.
- Gains a general understanding of merchandise costing, logistics processes, and retail negotiations and collaboration with vendors.
- Develops management skills, including managing multiple project or tasks, demonstrating initiative, and ability to produce good work results through and with the Team.
- Communication: Conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engaged the audience and help them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Driving Results & Accountability: Working effectively with a consistent focus on desired business outcomes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — merchandising related field of study such as retail management, business administration, finance/accounting preferred
- Must be classified as a Senior by current institution at the time of the internship
- Demonstrate desire to learn the merchandising process and product lifecycle.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze reports and draw conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time.
- Demonstrate ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of GME employees and external clients.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Clear oral and verbal communication and listening skills
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn and self-motivated
- Able to follow directions
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — retail merchandising, business or a related field
- Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position's purpose may be assigned. GameStop reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time based on business conditions/need.