GameStop IT Audit Manager in Grapevine, Texas
Working with general supervision, the IT Audit Manager will lead a team of internal and/or co-sourced resources in the planning and execution of the global internal audit plan in line with IA standards and the expectations established by leadership. In addition to conducting operational and compliance audits of business and technology processes, associates in the role will provide advisory services to the organization and coaching and development of Internal audit staff. Principal business outcomes for this role include identifying internal process recommendations to minimize risk and to support profitable growth for the organization while building productive, sustainable consultative relationships throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Responsible for managing and executing of engagements per the internal audit plan, managing or performing audit procedures as necessary, including, developing test criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting client processes and procedures, identifying audit issues and recommendations and the identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations
- Contributes, as a member of the Internal audit management team, to the annual enterprise risk assessment process and development of the Internal audit plan
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to business management and the IT Audit Director
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships, building a network of internal and external professional contacts
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Responsible for managing and developing direct reports, providing training, coaching, and guidance to staff in conducting audits and other professional areas
- Performs related work as assigned by the IT Audit Director
- Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards
- Business Advising — Creating valued business partnerships with internal customers; proactively identifying business opportunities for internal customers; conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s business drivers.
- Business Acumen — Using product and industry information to understand and improve business results; understanding business functions, industry trends, and GameStop’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics
- Building Trusting Relationships — Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships; promotes openness, accountability and trust in interactions with others providing confidence in one’s intentions
- Influential Leadership — Creating and executing influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals
- Managing Ambiguity – Utilizes situational adaptability to navigate ambiguity and drive effective results
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Big 4 assurance or advisory services experience, or equivalent
- Five+ years of full-time experience in auditing, technology consulting or program evaluation, including two years of experience conducting information technology audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, information systems or related field. Graduate degree and certification (e.g. CISA, CIA, CISSP) preferred
- Supervisory and / or project management experience
- Retail industry experience preferred
- High level of proficiency in cybersecurity, IT governance and third-party vendor risks
QUALIFICATIONS - JOB SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of current and emerging technology terminology, concepts, and practices, including cloud, cyber security, distributed systems and network
- Considerable skill in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT and business risks and identifying significant exposures. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposures
- Considerable knowledge of IT governance and security frameworks (e.g. ITIL, NIST, CMMI) and IT and control practices
- Strong knowledge of internal auditing standards (e.g. COBIT, COSO) and risk assessment practices.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of project work products
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Extensive skill in project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadline
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Considerable skill in use of Microsoft Office products and effective verbal and written communications, including presentations to executive management
- Fosters an environment of personal accountability to professional and department standards
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)