GameStop Intern, Refurbishment Center Industrial Engineering in Grapevine, Texas
Working with close supervision, the Intern, Refurbishment Center Industrial Engineering provides analytical and project management support to the Refurbishment Center while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, productivity and professionalism. The position is designed to provide the incumbent with a working knowledge of essential business skills and operational functions in a large manufacturing factory that specializes in refurbishment of consumer electronics. Associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Assist with the creation of time studies, efficiency measurements and general metrics related to the operation of the Refurbishment Center.
• Complete a hands-on project requiring you to implement the knowledge you acquire during your internship and share your experiences with the company
• Complete process map documentation for refurb functions as assigned by a manager in the Refurb Center.
• Understand metrics that ensure service levels and productivity goals are met across the Refurbishment Center
• Assist with the review of protocols and processes in order to identify potential areas for improvement
• Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment and Distribution Centers to achieve or exceed department objectives.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
• Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Continuous Improvement – Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact
• Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — business related field of study such as Supply Chain and Logistics, Business Management or Industrial Engineering.
• Must be classified as a Senior by current institution at the time of the internship
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Working understanding of time studies, process maps, flow charts, motion studies and efficiency metrics as related to a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of common business computer systems and applications — specifically, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest