GameStop Intern, Refurb Logistics in Grapevine, Texas
Working with close supervision, the Refurb Logistics Intern manages projects that optimize the performance of the Refurbishment Operations Center. Processes/areas of focus could be: Receiving of product and parts/supplies, management of product and parts/supplies inventory, various channels of intake of product (e.g. third party purchases) and distribution of product (e.g. wholesale sales of partially or fully refurbished product). The position is designed to provide the incumbent with a working knowledge of essential business skills and the specialized function of refurbishment. As a role with low levels of scope, complexity, and independent decision making, this role will interact frequently, perhaps daily, with a supervisor. All non-routine and previously undefined activities must be approved in advance by the role’s supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects to improve key performance metrics in a lean operations environment.
- Analyze current processes for receiving, inventory management, refurbishment, and/or distribution.
- Apply Lean concepts to various processes within the Refurbishment Center to identify improvements to impact cost, quality, or customer service metrics
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Work in other areas of the Distribution Center or Refurb as directed to ensure the balanced, efficient completion of workload to achieve overall department goals.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Managing Work – Ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; takes advantage of individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checks processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
- Safety Awareness – Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholds safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present any state required proof of age documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required;
- Within 2 semesters of graduation from a university Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management program
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest
- Work as scheduled to meet standards of company attendance policy
- Understand and accurately follow policies, procedures and controls