GameStop Intern, Internal Audit in Grapevine, Texas
Working with general supervision, the Internal Audit Intern will conduct testing and documentation activities for financial/operational internal audits in the company’s operations. The principal business outcome for this position is to assess and evaluate the internal control environment by conducting internal audits and compliance testing. Intern consults with various levels of the organization including management, for validation and resolution of audit findings. The Intern will interact with his or her supervisor daily to receive guidance and feedback.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform audit procedures related to financial/operational and SOX processes, including identifying, defining and documenting issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting client processes and procedures, and working collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audits (financial/ operational and SOX) and consulting projects via written reports to management.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Assess internal control elements to mitigate risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information.
- Perform related work as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other major business units throughout the GameStop organization.
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Manage relationships in ways acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Communication: Clearing conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engaged the audience and help them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Managing Work —Identifies and prioritizes activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate; ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; leverages individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
- Quality Orientation —Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately verifies processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills — Achieves a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; staying current of developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or information technology related field of study preferred
- Must be classified as a Senior by current institution at the time of the internship
- Proficient knowledge on related technical skill sets and technologies including but not limited to Microsoft developer toolkit and associated programming languages
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Clear oral and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Willingness to learn and self-motivated.
- Able to follow directions.
- Basic understanding of internal auditing.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Able to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
- Able to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.