GameStop Distribution Center Intern in Grapevine, Texas
The Distribution Center Intern provides analytical and administrative support to the Distribution Center while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, productivity and professionalism. The position is designed to provide the incumbent with a working knowledge of essential business skills and the specialized functions of the Distribution Center through hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of a successful distribution center. This position works under direct supervision interacting with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Assist management with all aspects of daily operations of a department of hourly team members to ensure timely completion of the workload in an efficient and safe manner.
- Complete a hands-on project requiring implementation of the knowledge acquired during the internship and feedback regarding the internship experience.
- Utilize established metrics to ensure service levels and productivity goals are met across the Distribution Center.
- Assist with the review of protocols and processes in order to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Conduct research on activities that can impact the operations of the Distribution Center and provide analysis on their impact on GameStop.
- Participate in training sessions, learning workshops and mentoring from seasoned team members.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to achieve optimum efficiency and learning potential for this position.
- Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Improvement – Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university in the Dallas/Fort Worth area under an accredited program in a business related field of study such as Supply Chain and Logistics or Business Management.
- Must be classified as a Junior or Senior by current institution at the time of the internship
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Working knowledge of common business computer systems and applications — specifically, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest