GameStop Accessory Associate in Grapevine, Texas
The Accessory Associate’s primary responsibility is to test and package used / refurbished gaming accessories. The Accessory Associate works under general supervision. This position will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Ensure that used / refurbished gaming accessories (guitars, Wii controllers, cables, etc.) are packaged according to quality and production standards.
• Test gaming accessories to verify their functional status (defective or operational).
• Prepare accessory kits for use in hardware kitting process.
• Ensure work area and machinery/equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
• Maintain accurate activity records and prepare reports for supervisors and management.
• Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
• Work closely with other team members to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded.
• Work in other areas of the Distribution Center or Refurb as directed to ensure the balanced, efficient completion of workload to achieve overall department goals.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• Previous experience working in a distribution center preferred
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 50 lbs
• Must be available to work for extended periods during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
• Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
• Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Possesses the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance